1. What is Celtic Soccer Academy and Madhya Bharat Sports Club ?
Madhya Bharat Sports Club (MBSC) is a professional football club based in the city of Bhopal. MBSC has a tie up with Celtic FC, a club in UK. Celtic Soccer Academy is a renowned international academy to nurture and develop young players in football.
2. What is the age groups of players in the academy ?
We have three age groups in the Elite Academy – Under 13, Under 15 and Under 18 years of age. The players younger than 15 years can also join our Formative Player Development programs.
3. Who are the coaches who will train the players ?
All our coaches are highly qualified and licensed with AIFF, AFC or UEFA. Our Technical Director is a UEFA Pro coach with huge experience in coaching. Our coaches are qualified to train and handling age appropriate players.
4. Is there any academic support provided to the players ?
Yes, we are very serious about the academic education of the players. For our residential and day scholar boys, we monitor their studies, their classes are arranged in a manner so that their studies do not get affected. When they go out for tournament, their backlog is covered by extra effort. If required they can be provided proper IIT, CLAT etc preparation coaching in the campus itself.
5. Will there be scholarships available to the players ?
Scholarships are available for the players. Scholarships and selection are purely based on merit. Once the players have participated in the selection trials, this information will be provided to selected players.
6. How many players per age group will be selected ?
The numbers in the elite academy will purely depend on the number of slots available for each season. At the formative player development center we try to fit in many young players.
7. What happens if a player gets injured during a camp or selection trials ?
A physio will be present with us during the trials. Madhya Bharat Sports Club – Celtic Soccer Academy are not responsible for any sickness/injuries sustained to any player during camps or selection trials.
8. What is the criteria for selection ?
The selection in the academy is purely on football merit and academic basis. The selection is on the discretion of the technical team and the selection panel.
9. What documents are required before the selection ?
The players appearing for selection trials and camps will have to bring in original and photo copy of birth certificate and identity proof. For the selected players they have to produce academic records, date of birth certificate, identity proof and a medical certificate of being fit to play.
10. When does the season begin ?
We conduct our selection trials in April and May each year. The season begins in July. Admissions can be taken up to July 15.
11. What is the scope, pathway, opportunities in football ? How to make a career in football ?
12. How to balance the studies and football training ?
We use what we call is burger method. Training — > Study –> Training. If anything is lost we ensure that backlog is covered.